I was sick this whole week. No, you don't understand........THIS WHOLE WEEK!
For someone who is working out or running 4-6 days per week, this is pure torture. Like Chinese water torture or something. Or like the atomic sit-up torture.....You have to ask my brothers about THAT one. I am not explaining it!
Like nails on a chalkboard torture....ok, ok. Pity party over.
So Hubby sent me this to cheer me up. Wasn't that sweet?! He gets brownie points.
Now that I am not hacking up a lung, to the roads I go. Rain or shine. Why do I miss it so much? Let me count the ways....
1. Endorphins..nuff said
2. Guaranteed girlfriend time (uninterrupted convos folks- a rarity when you have kids)
3. Great for the heart, lungs, etc....
4. Great for the tush
5. Great for the legs
6. It makes me feel strong
7. I like to sweat
8. I like the way I feel after a run
9. I like a challenge
10. I can run with my Hubby, even though I am not half as fast as him
11. I can run with my daughter
12. I can run anywhere, all I need is my sneakers, and my Garmin, and my iPod, well....and my dri-fit clothing, and my running pack if it's longer than 7 miles cause then I need Gu, and....Hey I'm a woman! What do you expect?
13. Running is great for stress/anxiety. It makes the world a better place.
14. I can run and help people. (Raising money for cancer, runs for a cause, etc..)
Why do you like to run?
4.5 years later….
13 hours ago